We're all bombarded with letters and emails - and research shows that if you don't catch a reader's attention in the first 10 seconds you may have lost it forever.
On this highly practical workshop-style course, you will understand how to reach your target audience and make sure your message hits home. Learn to create letters and emails that are clear, sharp, concise and easy to read - and discover how to write any document with greater speed, confidence and effectiveness.
This course is designed in light of the current emphasis on Plain English in the financial, legal and corporate sectors and the Financial Services Regulator's review of financial jargon.
- Identifying a good writing style
- Using a SMART objective
- Developing a reader-focused style
- Identifying primary, secondary and tertiary readers
- Make sure you write the right letter or email
- Focus on different types of letters
- Theory and practice on the three stages: planning, writing and editing
- Avoiding common errors: jargon, wordiness, punctuation, grammar
- Insiders' tips on how to transform your writing
- Making it look good: layout rules
- Compiling an editing checklist
- Ten tips for improving readability
- A resource pack for future reference
- Recommended reference books
Who should attend:
- Managers with sign-off responsibility for letters
- Administrators who routinely write to customers or members of the public
- Customer services personnel
- Secretarial and clerical staff with letter-writing duties
For a full course outline please email email@example.com
View Our Client List
You'll be in good company.High Performance has delivered training solutions to many of Ireland's leading companies.